Sunday, March 4, 2012

Dale Fielder to Play Complete Pepper Adams Compositions in Los Angeles

© Gary Carner. Copyright Protected. All rights reserved.



Saxophonist Dale Fielder will be the first musician in history to play the entire Pepper Adams songbook of 43 tunes.  He's doing it with his Los Angeles rhythm section on four consecutive nights:

Thursday, October 18: to be determined
Friday, October 19: Vibrato, 2930 Beverely Glen Circle, Bel Air
Saturday, October 20, Nola's, 734 East 3 St, Los Angeles
Sunday, October 21, Nola's, 734 East 3 St, Los Angeles


More details to follow!





1 comment:

  1. Hi Gary,
    My name is Chris Smith and I ran across your blog and pepperadams,com, because I am researching and writing on Mel Lewis. I am using several of Mel's personal datebooks, and obviously his datebooks and the timelines on pepperadams.com match up. I am wondering if you could speak with me further about your work with Pepper and the information you've collected.
    Please shoot me an email if you have a second! Thank you so much.
    Chris Smith
    chrissmith251@gmail.com
    917-502-8921

    ReplyDelete